Cosmetics Formulation Development

ละลาย LAA ในเบส Dimethyl Isosorbide

Need help and get help on cosmetics formulation development

Dissolve LAA in Dimethyl Isosorbide base.

Postby khunchinz » Fri Jul 26, 2019 1:32 am

Question number 1 is there a possibility that it will dissolve? L-ascorbic acid (Ultra-Fine) in base with only Dimethyl Isosorbide only, for example L-ascorbic acid (Ultra-Fine) 25% Dimethyl Isosorbide 75% Question 2 I've read in detail the technique. Dimethyl Isosorbide has an optimal PH range of 5-6.5, and the team has stated in several posts that glycol has no PH value, so the solubility ascorbic acid in base Dimethyl Isosorbide will affect performance. of ascorbic acid or not, please clarify. Question 3 I am trying to find information on formulation DMI. There is information from different vendor's web pages. Some countries report that it can be used in 40%-90% anhydrous formulations, and that using such a high level of DMI can cause toxicity. or any negative effects on the skin or tight Please ask for clarification. I would like to thank RunChong for coming here as well!!!
khunchinz

From thanks :: 22 Times
Recipes Count: 0

Re: Dissolve LAA in Dimethyl Isosorbide base.

Postby staff » Thu Aug 01, 2019 6:38 am

Hello,
Question number 1, is it possible to dissolve? L-ascorbic acid (Ultra-Fine) in base with only Dimethyl Isosorbide only, for example L-ascorbic acid (Ultra-Fine) 25% Dimethyl Isosorbide 75%
soluble but may not be as high as that. (For example, multiple glycol groups like Propylene Glycol Solubility L-ascorbic acid at about 5%)
Question number 2. I've read in detail the technique. Dimethyl Isosorbide has an optimal PH range of 5-6.5, and the team has stated in several posts that glycol has no PH value, so the solubility ascorbic acid in base Dimethyl Isosorbide will affect performance. of ascorbic acid or not, please clarify
No, the solvent does not work in that narrow pH range DMI can be used to dissolve ascorbic acid in acidic or relatively low pH conditions. But pay attention to the following problems: 1. Can't dissolve at high concentrations like using water. L-ascorbic acid (water soluble > 30%) 2. DMI has an ether-like odor, disturbing the overall odor of the formula. especially when used at high rates
Question 3 I am trying to find information on formulation DMI. There are some international vendors' web pages saying that it can be used in 40%-90% water-free formulations. How about using DMI? At such high levels it can cause toxicity. or any negative effects on the skin or tight Please ask for clarification. Thank you Runchhong for coming here!!!
can be used, but with the price and smell, there are no products in the market. Use it at such a high rate.
Staff - MySkinRecipes
staff

Recipes Count: 0

Return to Cosmetics Formulation Development