Cosmetics Formulation Development

เรื่อง crystalline wax ในสารกันแดด

Need help and get help on cosmetics formulation development

about crystalline wax in sunscreen

Postby taeioyou » Mon May 13, 2019 5:41 pm

Formula (%), body sunscreen, focus on stroking, not falling off Does not stick to dark fabrics 1. Isododecane . ...................20 2. Microcrystalline Wax ... .......15 3. Oil Film . .............................20 4. SiliSolve Plus ......................2 5. Silicone Gel .............. ..........5 6. Cyclomethicone ..................6 7. Silicone Blender .. ................3 8.TiO2..liq..10 + TiO 2 powder.....3 9.ZnO...liq..10 + ZnO powder.....3 10. Polyhydroxystearic acid .....3 Steps 1. Heat 2+3+5 until dissolved 2. Add other ingredients after 1 melt Question 1.After Dissolve 1, there will be white stains floating on the surface. When touched, it looks like a sticky lump that sticks to your hand like glue. (I'm sure it's not due to the temperature not reaching the melting point.)
mccryst wax.jpg
mccryst wax.jpg (123.78 KiB) Viewed 876 times
I'm not sure what it is. microcrystalline wax or not 2. In the sunscreen formula used Oil Film so that it doesn't come off, what can I use? except microcrystalline wax, which also has properties to help spread physical sunscreen and stability. 3. Because I'm not sure which substance can be mixed in step 1 (using heat), so I only put 3 of them. Is there really in the formula that can withstand heat? 4. By the part in the formula to choose the volatile substance is Isododecane and Cyclomethicone in hopes of being a solute. สารกันแดด in powder form and when applied to the skin, those substances will evaporate, so do not add Silicone Gel , isohexadeacne , Dimethicone in the formula, assuming the presence of ซิลิโคน /non-volatile substance will make the cream more likely to be rubbed off than volatile and more likely to stick to dark clothing. I'm not sure if this idea is right or not. Please give suggestions. 5. This formula leaves a white cast on the skin than the formula that uses vinyl film as the formula below 1. Titanium Dioxide 200nm .. ...3% liquid 10 % 2. Zinc Oxide 200nm .............3% liquid 10 % 3. Silicone Blender (ประสานซิลิโคนหลากชนิด) .3% 4. vinyl Film.................. ............................10% 5. Silicone Gel (Ultra Clear)........................... 29% 6 . Cyclomethicone ........................................ 29% 7. Polyhydroxystearic acid .................. ............3% is the white stain because of what? Because the formula that uses vinyl film, there is no white stain on it.
คราบขาว.jpg
คราบขาว.jpg (104.6 KiB) Viewed 876 times
But from the stroking test, I don't like it. Oil Film >vinyl film> Silicone Film I don't know if it matches the team's opinion or not, thank you.
taeioyou

From thanks :: 1 Times
Recipes Count: 0

Re: about crystalline wax in sunscreen

Postby staff » Sat May 18, 2019 11:36 pm

Hello, the formula is using Microcrystalline Wax quite a lot, member unknown. What temperature level do you use? To dissolve in step 1, all the ingredients in the member's recipe can be heat resistant to 80 degrees. Mix them all together. and use 80 degree heat to melt and blend together Try again as follows and check if there is still white powder coming off the skin or not. If this persists, it is recommended to reduce Microcrystalline Wax and Isododecane and use Dimethicone not very high viscosity, eg 50 in additional formulations. emollient at It is volatile, the more it will cause it to be rubbed and fall off because of enough emollient has completely evaporated (eg Isododecane in this recipe, which has a high percentage), there's nothing left to help the powder coat stay on the surface. (becomes a dry powder For any kind of film to fix the problem of stroking and falling off, actually you have to try adjusting as suggested above first because although the film has some effect on the stroking and falling problem, (Since the film actually consists of solid parts, this is a solid film mixed with emollient cause emollient in this film has some effect on the formula too)
Staff - MySkinRecipes
staff

Recipes Count: 0

Return to Cosmetics Formulation Development