Cosmetics Formulation Development

Ascorbic acid

Need help and get help on cosmetics formulation development

Ascorbic acid

Postby jn_andy » Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:33 am

1. I would like to know what is the difference between these 3? ascorbic acid L-ascorbic acid Ethyl Ascorbic acid 2. There is a prototype formula that I want to do. Propanediol , ascorbic acid , Alpha-Arbutin but my skin website doesn't have ascorbic acid can be used instead.
jn_andy

From thanks :: 5 Times
Recipes Count: 0

Re: Ascorbic acid

Postby staff » Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:40 am

Hello L-ascorbic acid and ascorbic acid is the substance. same Ethyl Ascorbic acid is ascorbic acid processed To make high stability in water, the pH is more suitable for use. (not the same grade ascorbic acid ) and no stability issues
2. There is a master formula that I want to do. Propanediol , ascorbic acid , Alpha-Arbutin but my skin website doesn't have ascorbic acid can be used instead
click at the word ascorbic acid
Staff - MySkinRecipes
staff

Postby jn_andy » Sat Jul 13, 2019 3:03 pm

From the original formula use 1,3- Propanediol 90% L- ascorbic acid ;8% Alpha Arbutin 2% Traffic Propanediol too high as suggested by the website Question, is it a different grade? Can it be used this high? Will there be any side effects? But from the original formula bought and tried, it did not irritate anything.
jn_andy

Postby staff » Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:11 am

Hello, the manufacturer has a melting technique. ascorbic acid is higher than usual. Which the team itself does not know how, like stabilized vitamin c used ascorbic acid at a rate of 15 % in Glycol base, which is usually not soluble that high
Is it a different grade? Can it be used this high? Will there be any side effects?
are not different grades. But it's a melting technique. These formulas use Vitamin C (Ultra-Fine) is the only grade, but it is a more common melting technique.
but from the original formula, bought and tried it, it didn't irritate anything
If you are a member, you mean the usage rate ascorbic acid too high will cause irritation. Please check the website usage rate. There will be a notice that it can be used up to 15%. Rate at 8%, no problem.
Staff - MySkinRecipes
staff

Postby jn_andy » Sun Jul 14, 2019 4:50 pm

[quote="jn_andy"]From the original formula use 1,3- Propanediol 90% L- ascorbic acid ;8% Alpha Arbutin 2% Traffic Propanediol is too high than what the website recommends. Question, is it a different grade? Can it be used this high? Will there be any side effects? But from the original formula, bought it and tried it, it didn't irritate anything
that I asked meant Propanediol is it possible to use up to 90%? From myskin website, I recommend not more than 20%. If I try to mix it according to this formula, will it irritate me?
jn_andy

Postby staff » Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:35 pm

Hello. Terms of use rate. displayed on the web page It's just the recommended usage rate. Under the following conditions: 1. The rate suitable for general use 2. The rate prescribed by the FDA 3. The rate that the manufacturer has tested that it is at a level that can be effective to see results. which because it was not stated that such rate What is the rate under what conditions? Therefore, it may cause members to misunderstand. usage exceeds the specified rate May cause skin irritation Under the above conditions that are notified, if in case 1, overuse may cause the product to be unsuitable for use, such as the use of Vitamin E which can be used at a rate of 100% (directly applied to the skin) but due to its viscous nature Therefore, it is set to use not more than 1.0%. If this is the case 2, this must be strictly adhered to because the FDA has already tested that the use rate exceeds this. It can be dangerous, for example Salicylic Acid FDA requires no more than 2.0% use more than this found to irritate the skin, peeling if it is the 3rd case. In this case, most of the over use. not useful but definitely not Because the manufacturer may use different assumptions in considering the developer. สูตรเครื่องสำอาง For example, manufacturers tend to view An increase in utilization rate of x % must also be able to see an improvement of no less than x % (meaning 1% more of the ingredient is used, the effect must be increased by 1%). The formula developer thinks it's still within the budget of the formula, just a little more efficiency is fine. Case of 1,3- Propanediol is case 1, i.e. by normal formula You will never find any formula, use 1,3- Propanediol at rates up to about 90%. of the formula, but this does not mean that using 1,3- Propanediol applied directly to the skin (100%) Will cause skin irritation Vitamin E that the recommended usage rate is 0.01-1.0%, but if you search on the internet, you will find that some brands contain Vitamin E 100% Available also.
Is it a different grade? Can it be used this high? Will there be any side effects?
The company guarantees that The raw materials that the company sells are definitely of a grade that is not inferior to the ones used by The Ordinary.
Staff - MySkinRecipes
staff

Return to Cosmetics Formulation Development