Cosmetics Formulation Development

ปัญหา Emulsion ไม่สมบูรณ์

Need help and get help on cosmetics formulation development

Incomplete emulsion issue

Postby akakkoii » Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:11 am

Dear Myskin team, we have a big problem with the oil in water cream formulation. (There is a sample picture) Previously, we made 14 Batch, no problem. The cream is perfectly smooth. All the ingredients are purchased from Myskin and the recipe is the same. The ingredients are the same. We tried several batches to figure out why. It can be summarized as follows: 1. Spinning speed => we try high rpm and still lose. Previously, yes, the cycle was not high, it was still able to coordinate = not the reason 2. Pour the mixture at too different temperatures => tried to adjust the temperature to equalize = not the cause, normally poured at the same temperature already 3. Thermometer may be broken => I bought a new one = not the reason 4. Too little creamy binder => We use PEG-40 8% as the main body. With the other 2%, I used this formula all the same before, no problem = not the cause. Is it possible that some substances may deteriorate even with new batches? Please help me find the cause. (You can see from the history of ordering.) Actually, we tried to do it since the middle of the year, almost 40 Batch total, until all the recipes are complete, no problem. But all of a sudden, this kind of confusing problem arises. It's dark now
Attachments
a11.jpg
a11.jpg (161.31 KiB) Viewed 2285 times
2524.jpg
2524.jpg (141.11 KiB) Viewed 2285 times
akakkoii

From thanks :: 3 Times
Recipes Count: 0

Re: Emulsion incomplete problem

Postby akakkoii » Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:38 am

a little more We blended using the heat at 86 degrees. During this time, the meat still blends well. Try to scoop it and rub it with your hands, it's smooth, no problem. But the problem occurred during the Cool Down, that is, after the temperature dropped below 80 degrees, about 78-79 degrees started to become used equipment Overhead stirrer mixer with Dissolver/Disperse mixer
akakkoii

Postby staff » Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:43 am

Hello, how many % of oil is the formula? What is the secondary binder? Does the formula have any ingredients that are acidic or alkaline, or is it an electrolyte?
Staff - MySkinRecipes
staff

Postby akakkoii » Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:58 am

[quote="staff"]Hello! How many % of oil is the formula? What is the secondary binder? Does the formula contain acidic or alkaline or electrolyte?
There is 36% oil in the formula. The secondary binder is Glyceryl Stearate SE I've tried switching to PEG-7 instead but still can't fix it. The formula does not contain any acid, alkali or electrolyte ingredients. We were very confused before, we made it as 40 Batch Batch, each 200 grams can still be coordinated.
akakkoii

Postby staff » Sun Dec 24, 2017 8:41 am

Hello, I can't do it. To bond 36% oil to water, you will need an emulsifier that can combine a lot of oil, for example Milk Lotion Maker , I recommend you to try it. Milk Lotion Maker 4% + Glyceryl Stearate SE 4%
Staff - MySkinRecipes
staff

Postby akakkoii » Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:02 am

[quote="staff"]Hello! Can't do it To combine 36% oil with water, you will need an emulsifier that can combine a lot of oil, for example Milk Lotion Maker , I recommend you to try it. Milk Lotion Maker 4% + Glyceryl Stearate SE 4%
Now I know the cause. caused by the temperature during the cool down too fast Usually, it takes no more than 7 minutes to spin. Then switch off the hot plate and lift บีกเกอร์ came out to cool down without giving any heat Plus, during this winter, the temperature dropped quickly. From 87 degrees to 79 degrees takes less than 2 minutes. I did this because I used to cool down by setting บีกเกอร์ on the Hot plate, it takes a very long time about 45 minutes to pour the fragrance. So I want to ask how to do it correctly as follows. 1. How many minutes should the duration of blending at high heat take? (Not including cycling time during the cool down) 2. How to really cool down what should be done? While waiting for it to cool down, set it to Hot. plate and turn off the switch. And lifted out without any heat. 3. During the cool down, do I need to spin? Or just wait for the temperature to go down. Then blend only during the blending of the fragrance. Thank you.
akakkoii

Postby staff » Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:21 pm

Hello
1. How many minutes should the blending time be at high heat? (Not including cycling time during the cool down) 2. How to really cool down what should be done? While waiting for it to cool down, set it to Hot. plate and turn off the switch. And lifted out without any heat. 3. During the cool down, do I need to spin? Or just wait for the temperature to go down. Then blend only during the fragrance blending period
1. There is no exact time limit. If it is a large factory with equipment that can run a stratification test ( Centrifuge ) will take the exam in different periods. In order to find the shortest time that is sufficient to pass the test due to the cost of energy in heating considered a high cost Therefore, it is necessary to find the shortest time If it is a small factory that does not have such testing equipment, it is often used to make allowances and look at the eyes. In the spinning process while the hottest The meat must be perfectly combined. (Tested by cutting out a small amount and spreading it on the skin. must not be found to contain sediment or any small powder left) and then spin continuously for another period such as 10 minutes for safety. 2. Turn off the heat while the pot is still hot. Continuous spinning. In the process of large production sites. The heat will gradually decrease slightly because it is often used in a double-jacket style pot or a double-layer pot, where the layer between the heat and the ingredients is often used glycerin Intermediate filling, because glycerin will gradually heat up or cool down. Do not change the temperature too quickly. In addition, there is a high boiling point in the case of members. turn off the heat But the pot should still be on the stove. while spinning continuously (It may be adjusted to reduce the spinning speed down) 3. Must spin according to the information in item 2.
Staff - MySkinRecipes
staff

Return to Cosmetics Formulation Development