Cosmetics Formulation Development

วิธีกระจายซิลิกาไดเมทิลไซลิเลต

Need help and get help on cosmetics formulation development

How to disperse silica dimethyl silylate

Postby mirarazmi » Sun Dec 04, 2022 2:14 pm

Hi, 

I’m formulating a tinted lip gloss and having trouble dispersing Silica Dimethyl Silylate in the formula. It’s 1% in the formula to increase viscosity & provide suspension for the D&C pigments.

I made a tiny test batch using my norpro mini mixer but it incorporated too much tiny air bubbles that won’t go away. The result also appears lumpy and not smooth. I haven’t tried dispersing it using my Overhead stirrer though because it was a small test batch. I need advice on the correct way to disperse Silica Dimethyl Silylate in oil before I’m going to try using my Overhead stirrer. Would you suggest a propeller blade attachment or saw tooth/dirpersion disc attachment?

I read that it needs very high shear like a rotor stator Homogenizer to completely disperse but there’s a lip gloss sample formulation from Sensient that calls for 3.5% Silica Dimethyl Silylate where the instruction says to mix in a propeller mixer. Any thoughts?

Thank you!

mirarazmi

From thanks :: 0 Times
Recipes Count: 0

Re: Dispersion method of silica dimethyl silylate

Postby staff » Sun Dec 11, 2022 7:48 pm

hello

mixer you use Not suitable for blending cosmetic formulas. You can use an overhead stirrer to install the Disperse head to blend easily.

Staff - MySkinRecipes
staff

Recipes Count: 0

Return to Cosmetics Formulation Development