Cosmetics Formulation Development

Serum for skin pigmentation

Need help and get help on cosmetics formulation development

Serum for skin pigmentation

Postby ayanosk » Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:08 pm

hello team, I want to formulate a serum to be applied on skin where pigmentations are seen. I want to apply this before applying night serum with moisturizing properties. 1,3- Propanediol (Natural) 20% Tranexamic Acid 3% 4MSK (Potassium Methoxysalicylate) 3% AnyGel ™ 1% Safe B3 5% Ethoxydiglycol 2.5% Mild Preserve Eco 1% water 65% 1. I want to create sticky serum consistency. Not so sure if the combination of 1,3- Propanediol , AnyGel and Water is a good base for such serum. 2. I am not sure how much Ethoxydiglycol should be added to enhance the use of Safe B3 . Please check. Regards 1,3- Propanediol , would it be advisable to use it together with ALA? For example: 1,3- Propanediol : 90% Alpha Lipoic Acid (ALA) (Powder): 10%
ayanosk

From thanks :: 0 Times
Recipes Count: 0

Re: Serum for skin pigmentation

Postby staff » Sat Feb 20, 2021 11:01 pm

Hello
I want to formulate a serum to be applied on skin where pigmentations are seen. I want to apply this before applying night serum with moisturizing properties.
It might be easier if you add these whitening ingredients into your night serum so you don't have to separate the formulation.
You are using very high concentration of 1,3- Propanediol . We aren't sure what's intention of using such high conc as 3-5% would be sufficient for most formulations. If you are ex Pectin g it to help penetrating the skin, you already have Ethoxydiglycol which should be enough. We've seen some research showing that using very high polyols intending to help penetrate the skin gives negative result as it creates "reservoir" effect on the skin and the active ingredients stays in the reservoir instead of penetrate with good flux. 2. 2.5% is enough.
Staff - MySkinRecipes
staff

Recipes Count: 0

Return to Cosmetics Formulation Development