Cosmetics Formulation Development

Handwash formulation with Mild-Wash - Please check

Need help and get help on cosmetics formulation development

Handwash formulation with Mild-Wash - Please check

Postby ayanosk » Thu Oct 29, 2020 7:14 am

I just made some hand soap based on the online recipe but wanted to try using Mild-Wash instead of SLeS. Distilled water: 54% Vegetable Glycerin e: 15% Caprylyl / capryl glucoside: 8% Mild-Wash : 10% (original recipe called for SLeS) Cocamidopropyl Betaine : 8 % Essential Oil : 0.5% Global-Guard: 0.5% SugarThick : 0.5% It is not bad but when you use it, I feel that it does not have a clean finish, like you can rinse it with water forever. When you dry your hand, it kind of feels a bit sticky, then the hands feel a bit dry. I want this to be suitable for sensitive skin like for babies/children. How can I improve the formula? What moisturizing ingredient can you use, eg Aloe Vera? Thank you.
ayanosk

From thanks :: 0 Times
Recipes Count: 0

Re: Handwash formulation with Mild-Wash - Please check

Postby staff » Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:49 pm

Hello, This is probably due to the glucoside surfactant (in this formulation : Caprylyl / capryl glucoside ) and high concentration of Glycerin . We suggest the following formulation: Sulfate Free Shampoo Base 20% Glycerin 5% Mild Preserved Eco 1% SugarThick ..% (adjust to match your required viscosity) Water qs In case if you need to leave soft/moisturizing feel on the skin after wash-off, please select any skin-conditioning agent such as PolyCat™ (Cationic Softening Polymer) - this will also help increase viscosity of the formulation so you can also remove SugarThick to reduce formulation cost. Clear-Cond™ (Quaternium-80) HyaCoat™ Skin ( Cationic Hyaluronic Acid ) Poly-Conditioner Pro (30000 mPa.s) - this will also help incr ease viscosity of the formulation so you can also remove SugarThick to reduce formulation cost. or other skin-conditioning agent .
Staff - MySkinRecipes
staff

Recipes Count: 0

Return to Cosmetics Formulation Development